Thursday 4 February 2010

An unexpected visit

I unexpectedly found time for a flying visit on Saturday. The sun was shining, but it was seriously cold. This is a shot of the ice on the water trough.

ice

I didn’t have time to do much.

  • pinned down sheeting on strawberry bed that had come loose.
  • covered up another bed with sheeting.
  • weeded round raspberries.
  • dug up some artichoke.

I have a little little shopping list:

  • More black sheeting
  • More strawberry plants?
  • Manure
  • seeds & potatoes

I also need to take over more empty plastic milk bottles as weights for the sheeting. And most importantly a tea cup.

I need to get lots of wood chip for the paths and to cover the strawberry bed.

We’ve got little planned for the upcoming weekend, so hopefully I’ll manage a longer visit.

No comments: