A busy month for me personally, so I didn't get down to the allotment very often. However, I managed to spend most of the day there last Saturday. I cleared out the dead courgettes, the unfortunately dead rhubarb, and covered up the bed they were on with black sheeting.
I also spread some bark on the path around the shed. And turned over compost heap number 1.
I moved some of the good quality soil from the hill of twigs etc that was and to some extent is taking over the top third of the allotment.
Then as dark fell, I had a nice bonfire, clearing out the two stacks I'd left earlier.
Looking forward to getting back next weekend.