Friday 24 August 2007

Introductions

I'm John, and this blog is primarily a diary to keep track of happenings at my allotment. I took on the allotment back in at the end of February, when it was very overgrown. Here it is:





The same week I got the key my wife gave birth to our third daughter. So I didn't make a very quick start, and then my dad became very ill and died in April.




This set back the work on the allotment badly, and unsure of how much time I'd get I settled for creating a large raised bed and planted sweetcorn, carrots, brussell sprouts, beetroot, spring onions and leeks. Not too much of any but enough to get going. It's my first allotment and indeed my first time growing anything so it's been a bit of an adventure. I also planted a few potatoes, and runner beans. A couple of courgette plants and a squash, were donated by my wife, not sure of the varieties.


Everything's produced well. Although a badger got my sweetcorn, the night before I was going to pick them.


Anyway, progress has been slow, I've managed to get a shed there, and start work on preparing some proper beds.


That brings us up to date.

No comments: